In the statement, originally published on the website Freedom Partners, the group cited high deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses often faced by those covered under Obamacare, and pointed to a Commonwealth study that found that only six of 10 adults covered through the program have confidence in their ability to afford health care if necessary.
Americans for Prosperity gave two examples of real people who have coverage under Obamacare, both of whom have $13,000 deductibles, and further criticized the steep upward trend of premiums.
“The Obama administration’s single-minded focus on coverage rather than affordable care is the same as a football team celebrating all the yards it gained while losing the game,” Nathan Nascimento, senior policy adviser for Freedom Partners said. “There’s a huge difference between having an insurance card you’re required to carry, and having access to quality health care you can use. This administration’s failure to recognize that is one of the reasons why Obamacare has failed, and must be repealed.”
Organizations in this story
Americans for Prosperity 1310 N Courthouse Rd Arlington, VA - 22201Get notified the next time we write about Americans for Prosperity!
- National Mining Association backs effort to revamp Clean Power Plan
- Bureau of Land Management firewood-cutting permits on sale in Nevada, California
- Worldwide Aviation Support Services contractor faces scrutiny
- Survey: Contractors optimistic about future of sector but struggling to find skilled workers
- Constellium commits to long-term jet project with Pilatus
- Army setting up cross-functional team to help develop high-tech combat vehicles
- Webinars to focus on access control systems at government facilities
- Bureau of Land Management releases outline for developing 19,670 acres in Colorado
- Ex-Sen. Dole to head VA's veterans' caregivers committee
- Independent Petroleum Association of America applauds House action on funding for Interior Department, EPA