In the statement, originally published on the website Freedom Partners, the group cited high deductibles and out-of-pocket expenses often faced by those covered under Obamacare, and pointed to a Commonwealth study that found that only six of 10 adults covered through the program have confidence in their ability to afford health care if necessary.
Americans for Prosperity gave two examples of real people who have coverage under Obamacare, both of whom have $13,000 deductibles, and further criticized the steep upward trend of premiums.
“The Obama administration’s single-minded focus on coverage rather than affordable care is the same as a football team celebrating all the yards it gained while losing the game,” Nathan Nascimento, senior policy adviser for Freedom Partners said. “There’s a huge difference between having an insurance card you’re required to carry, and having access to quality health care you can use. This administration’s failure to recognize that is one of the reasons why Obamacare has failed, and must be repealed.”
Organizations in this Story
- Nebraska's Bacon co-sponsors bill to enhance school safety
- Kansas' Marshall believes STOP School Violence Act will make America safer
- Maryland Democrat Hoyer part of bipartisan effort to stop school violence
- Louisiana's Scalise commends House passage of school violence bill
- Virginia's Taylor cheers House passage of bill to end school violence
- Former sheriff serving in House praises STOP Act's passage
- Smucker's call for classroom panic buttons included in school safety bill
- LaMalfa applauds House action to prevent school violence
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF LABOR: Announces New Program to Expedite Payment to American Workers
- U.S. DEPARTMENT OF VETERANS AFFAIRS: D.C. VA Medical Center Demonstrates Significant Improvement: VA Makes System-Wide Enhancements to Prevent Future Issues