American Gas Association issued the following announcement on Feb. 21.
Natural gas utilities add an average of one new customer every minute nationwide, according to the 2018 American Gas Association (AGA) Playbook released. In addition to fresh data and graphics which make the AGA Playbook an indispensable guide to natural gas industry in the United States, the 2018 edition has new digital features including:
- By The Numbers which track activities by natural gas utilities in real time, including consumption across all sectors in the United States.
- A multi-layer, interactive map which contains information on natural gas supply, state-based infrastructure modernization programs and more.
“America’s natural gas utilities seek energy policies that reflect reality,” said Dave McCurdy, AGA’s President and CEO. “The AGA Playbook sets forth a common set of facts about our energy use and its implications. It chronicles the customer growth we are seeing as more Americans seek the comfort and affordability of natural gas and provides context for the necessary, fact-based conversations that are taking place throughout the nation about how we can expand our natural gas infrastructure to deliver these benefits to more customers that want them. It also provides valuable information about the exceptional work being done to enhance the safety and reliability of our nation’s 2.5 million miles of natural gas pipelines. The AGA Playbook belongs on the desk of every policymaker and every industry leader that is looking to understand the decisions we must make as a nation to secure our energy future.”
In the 2018 AGA Playbook you will learn that America’s natural gas utilities:
- Invest $700 to help enhance the safety of natural gas distribution and transmission systems every second
- Install two miles of pipeline every hour
- Devote $4 million to energy efficiency programs every day
The 2018 Playbook can be accessed online. If you are interested in hard copies, please contact Sherri Hamm at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-824-7201.
Original source can be found here.